Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Orders in F1C
(07-29-2018, 09:42 PM)Sebse93 Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 03:35 PM)schumacher180 Wrote: It's been a long time since I've played F1 Challenge '99-'02, I've more become an rFactor guy as the years went by but I do think you should try to open the .veh file of the second driver of the team you want and change the car number with notepad inside the .veh file. For an example, Michael Schumacher has car number 1 (and is the first driver for Ferrari) in the 2001 F1 season. So, open 2001_ferrari02.veh (Rubens Barrichello's file) with notepad and change his car number from 2 to 1. Now the game may 'think' both drivers are 'first' driver. I'm not sure about this but I think it's worth a try, if the game 'thinks' both drivers in a team are 'first' drivers, team orders may be avoided (Ferrari ain't a realistic team to do this at I think by the way).

That seems to be the trick I've been looking for!

Of course, there are a few oddities that result from this, but I gladly accept them. I solved the "problem" with the numbers on the starting grid, for example, by simply displaying the team logo on the boards instead.

Other little inaccuracies are the order of the drivers in the pits and in the list, if there are no times yet, but these are - as already mentioned - negligible details.

Thank you for your help! Smile

Damn, glad too early. After the latest test the trick doesn't work as expected. Now, for example, the first driver has let the second driver pass... what a pity

I am open for further suggestions!
So obviously the game goes in alphabetical order if the driver numbers are the same. So it doesn't seem to work with numbers or changes in the veh file.
So the question remains whether this is an unchangeable part of the game, or maybe there is somehow this command or a trick to bypass the team order...

I'm running out of ideas :-(