Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Discussion
Button very rarely fights back when you overtake him, he's one of the most polite drivers when being overtaken and puts up very little fight (unlike what we've seen from Rosberg and Webber though I won't begrudge them that, they're fighting for positions and are free to do so within a certain limit, which they seemed to have tested a bit today). But, for some reason, when his teammate's behind him, he just becomes a chicane. The reason I was angry with him is because he could've simply let him through and overtake him the next lap on the main straight with no risk of him getting a puncture or taking both out. He seems to be the complete opposite of David Coulthard, who never troubled any of his teammates but was a pain for the opposition. The fact that he then goes on to cry about it on the radio just makes me mad. And, if he blames Checo for it or not, he's got nobody but himself to blame for the fact that he'd destroyed his tires, there was no need, to fight back that aggressively, especially if you're not willing to do so against the opposition as well.
I blamed Massa for that exactly because Sutil was on the outside. It was the first lap of the race, he was on the edge of the track and both had pretty cold tires so, IMO, Massa went too aggressive into it and effectively slid into him. It was a racing incident though so no penalties needed but you can't deny that it did ruin Sutil's race, which is a shame, considering how well Di Resta raced in the sister car.
On another note, if he doesn't improve his performances, I can't see Maldonado being in F1 next year. Bad luck or not, Bottas has been better than him and apart from the money and raw pace last year, he's not brought much to F1 in terms of results (I can't deny his contribution to the spectacle, even if he did piss me off tremendously at Valencia last year).
The Williams car isn't so good, as for the last year of Barrichello. Maldonado won a race after 9 years for the team, I hope this will mean something. Then for the moment he's a bit better than the teammate during the races.
I'm not sure because half day I had headache but I think Perez started the fight closing "the door" on the straight when they were passing someone.
I'm sorry if now Massa is so aggressive at every start after each crash caused by Hamilton! :twisted: Sutil isn't so innocent.... and in Chn the FI drivers risked to be out theirselves at the 1st lap.
Please don't talk me about Coulthard and his opposition to overtakes like in Spa in 1998! :twisted: :twisted:
[Image: homogp_don_t_touch_all.gif]
[Image: Targhe.gif]
Staff
CECCO#33 Wrote:The Williams car isn't so good, as for the last year of Barrichello. Maldonado won a race after 9 years for the team, I hope this will mean something. Then for the moment he's a bit better than the teammate during the races.
I'm not sure because half day I had headache but I think Perez started the fight closing "the door" on the straight when they were passing someone.
I'm sorry if now Massa is so aggressive at every start after each crash caused by Hamilton! :twisted: Sutil isn't so innocent.... and in Chn the FI drivers risked to be out theirselves at the 1st lap.
Please don't talk me about Coulthard and his opposition to overtakes like in Spa in 1998! :twisted: :twisted:
correct me if I'm wrong, but as I can remember it was Schumacher who crashed into Coulthard and went crazy like an idiot afterwards not vice versa Wink
I knew you wouldn't like Coulthard for his attitude towards Schumacher but for a McLaren fan, such as myself, he's the dream #2. He's not going to trouble his teammate, he will fight with the opposition and he wasn't half a bad racer either. Something the smiling two-face seems to have turned around, even if he isn't a #2 driver by any means (though he, apart from 2011, couldn't compete with Hamilton when he was there). I'm hoping Checo's race is a turning point here, I'd hate to have another Montoya at McLaren. Then again, it could've been worse, he could've come out with performances such as his replacement at Sauber. Also, that "closing the door" was a moment when Perez himself was overtaing Rosberg and they both got in front at the end. Tongue
Now, while I know you hate Hamilton, using him as a way of proving Massa wasn't too aggressive today is not right. If, in the future, he intends to go as aggressive as he did today, don't be surprised to see him penalised; I won't comment on China but today, Sutil wasn't at fault, the only way he could've avoided Massa was to drive wide off the track.

@fisico: As far as I know, Coulthard DID brake test Schumi there, that's why Michael went berserk afterwards. Then again, Schumi didn't have a "sparkling" reputation during his career either and he's had quite a few run ins with David during the years as well.
Cile Wrote:I knew you wouldn't like Coulthard for his attitude towards Schumacher but for a McLaren fan, such as myself, he's the dream #2. He's not going to trouble his teammate, he will fight with the opposition and he wasn't half a bad racer either. Something the smiling two-face seems to have turned around, even if he isn't a #2 driver by any means (though he, apart from 2011, couldn't compete with Hamilton when he was there). I'm hoping Checo's race is a turning point here, I'd hate to have another Montoya at McLaren. Then again, it could've been worse, he could've come out with performances such as his replacement at Sauber. Also, that "closing the door" was a moment when Perez himself was overtaing Rosberg and they both got in front at the end. Tongue
Now, while I know you hate Hamilton, using him as a way of proving Massa wasn't too aggressive today is not right. If, in the future, he intends to go as aggressive as he did today, don't be surprised to see him penalised; I won't comment on China but today, Sutil wasn't at fault, the only way he could've avoided Massa was to drive wide off the track.

@fisico: As far as I know, Coulthard DID brake test Schumi there, that's why Michael went berserk afterwards. Then again, Schumi didn't have a "sparkling" reputation during his career either and he's had quite a few run ins with David during the years as well.

I'm sure now 'we' have too many penalization.
Schumacher was fighting so hard until his 1st title, then he changed his bahaviour, at the contrary of Vettel who seems is loosing his head during press conferences.
In the 1st lasp at Spa in 1998 was rain very hard. Hakkinen was out, Coulthard was on track but very low due to a problem, Shumacher was 1st and was going to lap David that decided to stop him somehow. Luckily noone had an injury.
But I'm the only one who correct remember that fact and Coulthard's words when some years later (probably just some gp before his retire and Schumi wasn't in F1) he admitted his intention?! :twisted:
Almost the same did Montoya in Monaco in 2004 but it wasn't rain and there was SC but it was under the tunnel. :twisted:
I don't know about Coulthard's admission but he did have a bit of a feud with MSC. That being said, MSC wasn't the most popular among many riders he's crossed path with, I think the only guy who raced him (directly, not just being on the track at the same time) and held no grudges against him, was Häkkinen. You may disagree, but he had a driving style similar to what Hamilton has today, smooth but very aggressive while his determination often led him to make questionable decisions (and that was a characteristic of his throughout his career, not only till his first title). Nonetheless, he is a great, loved by some, hated by others.
Too many racing incindents are deemed to be punishable but some of them were appropriate, like Grosjean's 1 race ban last year (which brought me to review some of the old incidents where drivers got bans, like Häkkinen in Hockenheim in 1994). It's getting better I guess as time goes by but 2 years ago, the situation was ridiculous.
Staff
CECCO#33 Wrote:
Cile Wrote:@fisico: As far as I know, Coulthard DID brake test Schumi there, that's why Michael went berserk afterwards. Then again, Schumi didn't have a "sparkling" reputation during his career either and he's had quite a few run ins with David during the years as well.

I'm sure now 'we' have too many penalization.
Schumacher was fighting so hard until his 1st title, then he changed his bahaviour, at the contrary of Vettel who seems is loosing his head during press conferences.
In the 1st lasp at Spa in 1998 was rain very hard. Hakkinen was out, Coulthard was on track but very low due to a problem, Shumacher was 1st and was going to lap David that decided to stop him somehow. Luckily noone had an injury.
But I'm the only one who correct remember that fact and Coulthard's words when some years later (probably just some gp before his retire and Schumi wasn't in F1) he admitted his intention?! :twisted:
Almost the same did Montoya in Monaco in 2004 but it wasn't rain and there was SC but it was under the tunnel. :twisted:

About DC and MSC in Belgium you are maybe right, but you're wrong, Cecco, about Montoya 2004 - the telemetry proved that he braked right before he crashed into MSC as MSC braked too hard behind the saftey car, thats why the penalty for Montoya (I think +10 places back in the Grid of the European GP) was not given Wink
Cile Wrote:Too many racing incindents are deemed to be punishable but some of them were appropriate, like Grosjean's 1 race ban last year (which brought me to review some of the old incidents where drivers got bans, like Häkkinen in Hockenheim in 1994). It's getting better I guess as time goes by but 2 years ago, the situation was ridiculous.
In those case ok, but sometimes there are strange decision, I was almost today Webber-Rosberg, Button-Perez, etc were punished for nothing. Luckily nobody was!

About DC admission.... http://www.pitpass.com/6684-Coulthard-admits-to
Btw Montoya did a mistake as Hamilton in Can in 2008.
Screw this, it can be deleted.
This is the fact now: I dislike Hamilton, I dislike Alonso, I dislike Vettel, I dislike Mercedes, I dislike McLaren after the spy story, I dislike Ecclestone of these last 15 years. But as driver if Vettel bring out a victory to Webber like in Mal with that overtake I like it. I hate how he consider one that have done something for that team and gave him the 2010 title in the last race. I remember my ex co-workers said me in Monza, for his 1st victory, he seeked them to say thanks for their work at the time of F. BMW, an important step in his career. Now he seems win drugged. For this I dislike him for now, if he will show different character I'll appreciate him as for the Toro Rosso victory.