Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
David M's Tracks Corner
(04-25-2018, 03:59 PM)dmarques Wrote: Updated Mexico package to include 2017 variation. Link on first post

@CristianLuis: thanks for the praise, I really appreciate it. I thought no one was coming to this forum anymore since I've posted numerous new versions of the tracks with no response what so ever... I was beginning to think I was all alone here. It would be nice for you to send me the fixes you have done to my circuits, so that I can apply them to my packages. Would you be able to send me the changed files?

By the way, out of curiosity, what did you do to Baku to make it playable?

Hi again David,

You can get any fix here: 
http://forum.race4sim.com/showthread.php?tid=628

Take Spa-Francorchamps, Mexico, Austin, Monaco, Baku, Silverstone and maybe Abu Dhabi AIWs. Take a look at the track credits in order to know what of your tracks have been added to the modification.

Baku... well.

I have reduced more than 200.000 polygons, but out of more than 3.000.000. There is a lot of improvements. A standard F1C track has between 150.000 and 450.000 poylgons.

Car polygons in 2018 CMT have been reduced too, with Polygon Cruncher and the help of the admin of this forum. The standard quality has cars between 2000 and 4000 polygons (car chassis), but F1C uses 2000 in VA, 1000 in VB, 500 in VC and 100 in VD. Front and rear wings have between 500 and 250 polygons (don't know the F1C standard).

Cockpit has 7000-8000 polygons (F1C standard is just 500 polygons approx.) Baku is playable thanks to these reductions.

Regards,
Cristian.

(04-26-2018, 05:37 PM)Kaps Wrote: Many thanks for your work, David and Cristian!

Just one question for you guys.
Is it possible in this game to make AI pit only for tires and not re-fuel during their stop?

No, sorry. What you can do at best is to make the AI no refuel. But you need a Way to punish pit stops entries, like a pit lane speed limit of 45 km/h or less, and very little tyre wear.

Regards,
Cristian
I'm sorry Cristian, I didn't quite understand that.

AI not to refuel on their stops is exactly what I want.

So, I reckon that is not possible in F1C?
(04-28-2018, 01:59 PM)Kaps Wrote: I'm sorry Cristian, I didn't quite understand that.  

AI not to refuel on their stops is exactly what I want.

So, I reckon that is not possible in F1C?

No problem, Kaps. My expressions haven't been good, either.

AI always refuel in a pit stop. Always.

So, you can do this for make the AI not pit stop:

-Pit lane speed to 45 km/h or less.
-Very little tyre wear.

If anyone pits, his/her race will be ruined.

I hope this time I have been clear enough, mate.

Regards,
Cristian.
Yeah, cheers mate!

I was working a long time on 1987 race-by-race, and only when I got to round 10 (Hungarian GP), I realized that the AIs actually refuel on their stops, which was not allowed in 1987.
Now that I now it cannot be bypassed, I totally lost motivation to work further on the season. Becuase they did stop in that season for tyres, and I can't make them do that and not refuel.

Now I just might download and install the 2018 season, and play for a while instead!
(04-29-2018, 09:46 PM)Kaps Wrote: I was working a long time on 1987 race-by-race, and only when I got to round 10 (Hungarian GP), I realized that the AIs actually refuel on their stops, which was not allowed in 1987.
Now that I now it cannot be bypassed, I totally lost motivation to work further on the season. 
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Ah...

Well, enjoy 2018 CMT, Kaps  Smile

Best regards,
Cristian
(04-29-2018, 09:46 PM)Kaps Wrote: Yeah, cheers mate!

I was working a long time on 1987 race-by-race, and only when I got to round 10 (Hungarian GP), I realized that the AIs actually refuel on their stops, which was not allowed in 1987.
Now that I now it cannot be bypassed, I totally lost motivation to work further on the season. Becuase they did stop in that season for tyres, and I can't make them do that and not refuel.

Now I just might download and install the 2018 season, and play for a while instead!

Hey mate!! 

Maybe it's an stupid question and you have already tested it, but... have you tested it with "Fuel usage : Off"? 
Maybe it's not so realistic, because they won't consume fuel, but... maybe they pit and only change tyres (I haven't tested it).

I don't know if you have tested it, but... it could work :o

Cheers, and best wishes!!
No, I haven't tried that, but if they don't use fuel, then there's not much point in refueling at the pitstops, is there?

That could work, but, as you said yourself, it's not realistic, so I don't know...maybe I'll just give it a try to see how it works.

Thanks for your input, in any case!

BTW, David, sorry for the OT here, I'm finished with it now!
(04-26-2018, 05:37 PM)Kaps Wrote: Many thanks for your work, David and Cristian!

Just one question for you guys.
Is it possible in this game to make AI pit only for tires and not re-fuel during their stop?

Hi Kaps,

Yes and no. There seems to be a bug in F1C that doesn't allow a pit stop without fuel. Hit the enter key when out on track and you will see a pit menu appear on the side. If you set fuel to 0, then your fuel will be removed (not sure how that's possible) and you won't get very far. You need to set the fuel to the same amount that's currently in your car. You can see that amount from the HUD on the top right corner. other then that, there is no way. The game is limited and that bug was never fixed as far as I know of.

Now back on-topic: Added Jerez circuit with two variations. Link on first post. Thanks to Konstantin for help with AIW
Another masterpiece by David Marques!! Pure gold as always, thank you once more!! Big Grin
Hold on guys... Yas Marina 2017 added to the Abu Dhabi package