Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Beach 1982-1983
In some cases even after editing/tightening the fastpath (AI driving line) they go wide on low radius corners, for that and also for any other street circuit i reccommend AI agression at 0% as AI will not change lines so often while following other cars. For that transparent walls you probably need to edit terrain.ini or edit transparency/material of that object or texture in 3DSimED or Zmodeler.
cecelo, how do I attach a picture in this forum?
Hi Kaps, 
At the bottom of the message have an Attachments item to select a photo and post.  Smile
(08-11-2018, 04:10 PM)Kaps Wrote: Thanks mate, I'm trying it out in practice and qualifying, haven't tried in-race pitstops yet.

BTW, anyone knows how to get rid of that gauge at the top left corner on the pic?

https://www58.zippyshare.com/v/oQrZmVVJ/file.html

Hi Kaps!
Is this problem relevant for all cars in the mod or for Arrows only? Maybe you've made some changes for this car with 3DSimed and this gauge appeared?

(08-13-2018, 08:48 AM)skandre7 Wrote: In some cases even after editing/tightening the fastpath (AI driving line) they go wide on low radius corners, for that and also for any other street circuit i reccommend AI agression at 0% as AI will not change lines so often while following other cars. For that transparent walls you probably need to edit terrain.ini or edit transparency/material of that object or texture in 3DSimED or Zmodeler.

Hi Skandre7! 
I think AI goes wide when turn enter is a way faster then turn exit. Moving a track boards is help sometimes. But in some occasions we are forced to slow AI in turn enter.

In AIW editor we can see a curve radius using spline mod. If this radius small, then big and once again small (and vice versa) - it's also can be the source of problem.

It took a lot of time for me to understand how to fix a wall in Barcelona, but it was quite simple. There is Dwidth string for each waypoint. Lowering this parameter from 30 to 2 or 3 (in meters) resolved rhe problem.
(08-14-2018, 07:23 AM)KonstantinBelovNE Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 04:10 PM)Kaps Wrote: Thanks mate, I'm trying it out in practice and qualifying, haven't tried in-race pitstops yet.

BTW, anyone knows how to get rid of that gauge at the top left corner on the pic?

Hi Kaps!
Is this problem relevant for all cars in the mod or for Arrows only? Maybe you've made some changes for this car with 3DSimed and this gauge appeared?

hey, mate, it's Arrows only.

For the life of me, I can't remember if I did something with that car, 3DSimEd, or otherwise...

Once, a long time ago I even got rid of that gauge, no idea how, but it's now back again...

Thanks cecelo for the answer, now I've noticed the "Add Attachment" button at the bottom right Blush
    Hi KonstantinBelovNE 

You said: "There is Dwidth string for each waypoint. Lowering this parameter from 30 to 2 or 3 (in meters) resolved rhe problem."

In the image the WP I put is one of the points of the circuit where the AIs pass through the wall.
In the AIW editor the string Dwidth is 10. Is it to change to 2 or 3?  Huh
(08-15-2018, 05:15 AM)cecelo Wrote: Hi KonstantinBelovNE 

You said: "There is Dwidth string for each waypoint. Lowering this parameter from 30 to 2 or 3 (in meters) resolved rhe problem."

In the image the WP I put is one of the points of the circuit where the AIs pass through the wall.
In the AIW editor the string Dwidth is 10. Is it to change to 2 or 3?  Huh
Yes, you're right. By the way, I've fix it for both 1982 and 1983 layouts. In the nearest days I'll upload it.

(08-14-2018, 12:19 PM)Kaps Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 07:23 AM)KonstantinBelovNE Wrote:

Hi Kaps!

hey, mate, it's Arrows only.

For the life of me, I can't remember if I did something with that car, 3DSimEd, or otherwise...

Once, a long time ago I even got rid of that gauge, no idea how, but it's now back again...

Thanks cecelo for the answer, now I've noticed the "Add Attachment" button at the bottom right Blush

What mod is it? I've download 1982 season from Wookey site and there is no gauge.
(08-14-2018, 07:23 AM)KonstantinBelovNE Wrote: Hi Skandre7! 
I think AI goes wide when turn enter is a way faster then turn exit. Moving a track boards is help sometimes. But in some occasions we are forced to slow AI in turn enter.

In AIW editor we can see a curve radius using spline mod. If this radius small, then big and once again small (and vice versa) - it's also can be the source of problem.

It took a lot of time for me to understand how to fix a wall in Barcelona, but it was quite simple. There is Dwidth string for each waypoint. Lowering this parameter from 30 to 2 or 3 (in meters) resolved rhe problem.

That turn radius in few Long Beach corners is ridiculously low Big Grin only comparable to Monaco hotel hairpin, i tried editing hairpin in 83' LB layout with single spline U turn but the AI didnt want to follow the line the wider line anyway, so i left the hairpin with default tight line in 82'

That Dwidth, damn it was probably the only value that i didnt edited and tested, maybe there's the problem as you pointed out. Big thanks  Big Grin
Hi guys, I know this topic is for the circuit of 82 and 83 but .... Rolleyes
I would like a little info: Is there any AIW fix for the 76 and 77 circuits?
Thanks