Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My F1 Challenge Career.

After reading through Keisalex's career thread, I decided I wanted to have a go at that too. So, let me introduce my driver;

Name: Kris Simton
Nationality: English (Great Britain)
DOB: 25-11-74
Strengths: Quick on a single lap, very talented in lower Formulas (as you'll find out in the resume section).
Weaknesses: Can be inconsistent from time to time. Prone to mistakes.
Resume: Drove first go-kart, aged 8 in 1982. Took part in the British National Championships in 1984-1986. (Runner-Up in '84, won championships consecutively in '85 and '86.) Moves up to British Formula 3 Championship in '87. Lacklustre season for him, finishing 12th in standings. Returns in '88, wins championship for 3 years straight. ('88, '89, '90). Moves up to International Formula 3000 Championship in '91. Doesn't win the championship until '93.

On February 1st 1994, Kris is offered a test at Silverstone in a Benetton Formula 1 Car (B194 Ford). Smashes the lap record on his first timed lap. Struggles a bit with pace drop-off on the long run. However, team boss Flavio Briatore is impressed and offers him "Test Driver" role for the '94 and '95 seasons. '96 comes along, offered a test/reserve driver role at Ferrari. Impresses officials at the scheduled test sessions. Given second driver contract at Sauber for '97.

Mods used for first season:

F1 1997 Season by Watchy (+Lola by CrashKing)
Default tracks that came with above mod.

Game Options:
AI Strength: 92%
AI Aggressiveness: 75%
Race Length: 100%
(inc. Formation Lap)

If someone told me i'd actually inspire people to do a career mode in this game like me when i was starting mine, i'd spend the night laughing with myself in bed. It's heartwarming, to say the least.

Goodluck with your project mate, i'll be watching the thread with great interest Smile
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it." -Il Mentore

Keisalex Wrote:If someone told me i'd actually inspire people to do a career mode in this game like me when i was starting mine, i'd spend the night laughing with myself in bed. It's heartwarming, to say the least.

Goodluck with your project mate, i'll be watching the thread with great interest Smile

Thanks a lot! Yeah I took inspiration from your career, as you have presented your career mode very well. I've done stuff like this in the past, but never publicized it like that. I wanted to do seasons other than the default ones because they feel too familiar. But I will eventually get around to those seasons (99-02) at some point. Also expect an overview of the season towards the end of this week, with hopefully the first race (Brazilian Grand Prix) coming over the weekend. I'm going away from tomorrow so it'll get pushed back until I'm back. I'm really looking forward to getting this started as the 1994 season cars handle great, and look like proper F1 cars. Smile And also '94 was when I was born so I never saw those races so instead of seeing them, I thought "Why not, do that season as part of a career?"

1997 Season Preview (Warning: Long Post!)

1997 sees a season with once again, two favourites for the championship. Canadian Jacques Villenueve, and German Michael Schumacher, who looks for his 3rd world driver's title. However, there are still other drivers who can upset the main 2, new Williams signing Heinz-Harald Frentzen and the pair of McLaren drivers of Mika Hakkinen and David Coulthard.

So with a number of teams entered for the season (12 in total!, with 2 brand new teams making their debut), choosing a winner will be difficult at best. So here are the teams and drivers for the first round of the season in Albert Park, Melbourne.

Entry List:

Danka Arrows Yamaha A18

#1 Damon Hill (GBR)
#2 Pedro Diniz (BRA)

Rothmans Williams Renault FW19

#3 Jacques Villneuve (CAN)
#4 Heinz-Harald Frentzen (GER)

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro F310B

#5 Michael Schumacher (GER)
#6 Eddie Irvine (GBR)

Mild Seven Benetton Renault B197

#7 Jean Alesi (FRA)
#8 Gerhard Burger (AUT)

West McLaren Mercedes MP4/12

#9 Mika Hakkinen (FIN)
#10 David Coulthard (GBR)

Benson & Hedges Jordan Peugeot 197

#11 Ralf Schumacher (GER)
#12 Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA)

Prost Gauloises Blondes Mugen-Honda JS45

#14 Olivier Panis (FRA)
#15 Shinji Nakano (JPN)

Sauber Petronas C16

#16 Johnny Herbert (GBR)
#17 Kris Simton (GBR)

PIAA Tyrrell Ford 025 (V8)

#18 Jos Verstappen (HOL)
#19 Mika Salo (FIN)

Minardi Team Hart M197 (V8)

#20 Ukyo Katayama (JPN)
#21 Jarno Trulli (ITA)

HSBC Stewart Grand Prix Ford SF-01

#22 Rubens Barrichello (BRA)
#23 Jan Magnussen (DEN)

Mastercard Lola Ford T97/30 (V8)

#24 Vincenzo Sospiri (ITA)
#25 Ricardo Rosset (BRA)

Coulthard wins dramatic Australian Grand Prix

David Coulthard has won an intense season-opening Australian Grand Prix. The Scottish McLaren driver is over the moon with this result. But it did not come easy for him, as 2nd placed Olivier Panis in the Prost Mugen-Honda shadowed his every move in the final laps. The final podium position went to Sauber rookie, Kris Simton who in turn held off a late charge from Gerhard Burger's Benetton-Renault. Unfortunately, many drivers are left wondering what went wrong. Among those is Michael Schumacher who led the race from the start, only to retire 42 laps in colliding with Giancarlo Fisichella's Jordan-Peugeot. Another frustrated driver is undoubtedly Heinz-Harald Frentzen who inherited the lead after Schumacher's retirement. Only for his brakes to fail with 3 laps remaining.

Code:
1 10 D. Coulthard SCO 1:38:07.426 (58 laps)
2 14 O. Panis FRA +0.798 (58 laps)
3 17 K. Simton GBR +30.393 (58 laps)
4  8 G. Berger AUT +35.736 (58 laps)
5  9 M. Hakkinen FIN +43.596 (58 laps)
6 21 J. Trulli ITA +1 lap (57 laps)
7 15 S. Nakano JPN +2 laps (56 laps)
8 20 U. Katayama JPN +2 laps (56 laps)
9  2 P.Diniz BRA +2 laps (56 laps)
10 4 H. Frentzen GER +3 laps (55 laps: Brakes)

NOT CLASSIFIED:

25 R. Rosset BRA +6 laps (52 laps)
22 R. Barrichello BRA Engine (50 laps)
19 M. Salo FIN Engine (43 laps)
5 M. Schumacher GER Accident (41 laps)
12 G. Fisichella ITA Accident (40 laps)
23 J. Magnussen DEN Suspension (37 laps)
24 V. Sospiri ITA Accident (36 laps)
11 R. Schumacher GER Gearbox (2 laps)
6 E. Irvine GBR Suspension (1 lap)
7 J. Alesi FRA Accident (1 lap)
16 J. Herbert GBR Suspension (1 lap)
3 J.Villenueve CAN Suspension (1 lap)
18 J. Verstappen HOL DNF (0 laps)
1 D. Hill GBR Electronics (0 laps)

Code:
DRIVERS STANDINGS: (after 1 round)

1 D. Coulthard 10
2 O. Panis 6