Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI compared to F1C
Hi guys,
I haven't played rFactor in a long time, and I'm kind of tempted to start again. The thing is, before I go ahead and install a bunch of mods and start off a season, I was wondering how the AI behaves, especially compared to F1C. Is it satisfactory?
Staff
sicali Wrote:Hi guys,
I haven't played rFactor in a long time, and I'm kind of tempted to start again. The thing is, before I go ahead and install a bunch of mods and start off a season, I was wondering how the AI behaves, especially compared to F1C. Is it satisfactory?
To be honest, no. At least not in my opinion Tongue In F1C they were a bit more agressive, which led not only to greater mayhems, but also to greater duels. Which is definetly not the case in rF1. I never had such good fights with AI in rF1 as in F1C.
fisicoF1 Wrote:
sicali Wrote:Hi guys,
To be honest, no. At least not in my opinion Tongue In F1C they were a bit more agressive, which led not only to greater mayhems, but also to greater duels. Which is definetly not the case in rF1. I never had such good fights with AI in rF1 as in F1C.

Ah, I was afraid of that, that was how I remembered it as well. What would you say are racing sims with decent AI? Any of the other SimBin games?
Staff
sicali Wrote:Ah, I was afraid of that, that was how I remembered it as well. What would you say are racing sims with decent AI? Any of the other SimBin games?
I dunno about the next-gen games (rF2, AC, pCARS), but I can only agree with you that all AIs besides Race07 kinda sucked. :mrgreen:
fisicoF1 Wrote:
sicali Wrote:Ah, I was afraid of that, that was how I remembered it as well. What would you say are racing sims with decent AI? Any of the other SimBin games?
I dunno about the next-gen games (rF2, AC, pCARS), but I can only agree with you that all AIs besides Race07 kinda sucked. :mrgreen:

Damn. I was really in the mood for F1C battles, but the stupid 3dconfig doesn't detect my video card.
Staff
rFactor has a better AI overall, at least if we talk about the possibilities offered by parameters. The main problem with rFactor is the lack of optimization with most of its AIW files.

rFactor is used mainly for multiplayer, right? That could be the key about why rFactor AI seems to be not much better than F1C.

Also, when I investigated and released this work: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cluisparacosm.blogspot.com.es/2012/10/tesis-tutorial-como-crear-archivos-rcd.html">http://cluisparacosm.blogspot.com.es/20 ... s-rcd.html</a><!-- m -->

...and made my own with rFactor's IA files, I realized that its IA are impossible to precise.
"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your own existence."

(William Cooper.)