Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

F1 2013

Staff
SfanFZR Wrote:F1 2013 trailer is out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2-lcLd5ok

just when I've recoginzed the Williams I thought "buying". Beautiful idea from CodeMasters, even if they are just renewing it (talking about ToCA Race Driver 3).

Don't expect this game to have more realistic physics than it's predecessors. Why? It's a commercial game and even the most awful sim racer should have fun with the game, otherwise he/she will not buy their F1 games in the future. Face it, the Codemasters games are just to have some fun with racing around a track with an F1 car, just nothing more... I have to say as a very critic guy about the F1 2010, F1 2011 and F1 2012 games that I've played them all really a lot and indeed... Physically it isn't realistic at all but for the casual F1 fan, those games are meant to just have some with for a couple of hours.. If you want to drive a simulation, you should wait for an F1 2013 mod for either rFactor or rFactor2. ;D

schumacher180 Wrote:Don't expect this game to have more realistic physics than it's predecessors. Why? It's a commercial game and even the most awful sim racer should have fun with the game, otherwise he/she will not buy their F1 games in the future. Face it, the Codemasters games are just to have some fun with racing around a track with an F1 car, just nothing more... I have to say as a very critic guy about the F1 2010, F1 2011 and F1 2012 games that I've played them all really a lot and indeed... Physically it isn't realistic at all but for the casual F1 fan, those games are meant to just have some with for a couple of hours.. If you want to drive a simulation, you should wait for an F1 2013 mod for either rFactor or rFactor2. ;D
and F1c

Staff
I'd rather wait for rFactor then wait for F1C.. Long time I've played both though :O Might start playing rFactor again when my new graphics card arrives Big Grin

lexieboy Wrote:I'd rather wait for rFactor then wait for F1C.. Long time I've played both though :O Might start playing rFactor again when my new graphics card arrives Big Grin
Rfactor sucks,no rain,not as realistic as F1c,and drags on game play :roll:

Staff
I still prefer rFactor over F1C. Just the plain driving is imo better in rFactor. AI is bad in both games, drafting is indeed better in F1C. I haven't played both games in a very long time, but all I remember is having way more fun in rFactor (and Simbin games) than F1C, purely 'cause it feels more realistic to me.

Oh and btw, could you please watch you grammar and punctuation a bit? Reading sentences like that is just a pain in the ass..

achebe Wrote:Rfactor sucks,no rain,not as realistic as F1c,and drags on game play :roll:

With all the respect but when it comes to realism, rFactor has by far more realism than F1C but rFactor was especially made for online racing, so the AI can be quite terrible with lots of mods. I've driven an IndyCar once in my life and I've spend many years in go karts too and I can tell you that rFactor comes so much closer to real than F1C. Having that said; rFactor has better graphics too. F1C is a great game, considering it's still that popular after 10 years but face it; The game is dying. If you just take a look on how much mods there are in progress for rFactor and than look at F1C's W.I.P.'s... And than I'm only talking about real mods and not stolen work.

@achebe: Bear in mind the RFE Weather Plugin implements rain as well as realistic weather conditions in it. Granted, rFactor does have a couple of annoying bugbears I never liked, e.g. the weird crash physics, but it is just better than F1C in many aspects: graphics-wise, the amount of tracks, cars, mods, enhancements for it etc., as Alex & Robby have already pointed it out to you.

I haven't played rFactor for a while, though, yet it is possible I will get my hands on it someday. Regarding the stolen work question, I don't give a damn about that, to be quite frank.

Ok, then why are people on this site talking more of F1c than Rfactor? robby yes i know about the decline in F1c but don't believe that F1c is dying honestly.
Alex,without F1c, our RS facebook page would not exist and it still exist now because of F1c and not rfactor, rfactor is good but i favor f1c because it is easy to tweek problems,there was a time when we all had a slogan "F1C WILL NOT DIE" and that slogan existed even when rfactor was in existence.
I know you all will be eager to download David marcus latest update ;D

Staff
To be honest in the 5 years I spent on RS when it was still on, I used to play rFactor and GTR Evo/Race 07 more than F1C. Just because F1C is more popular than rFactor at this site doesn't mean it's better. It's like saying Nicky Minaj is a good musician because she's popular. Total bullshit.

And what David Marcus update?