Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silly Season 2013
Lotus i think is the one who should have signed Massa
You know, after witnessing that nightmare period of 2000-2004 (personal view), I actually don't mind RBR winning. For 2014, if McLaren don't make a winning car I do hope RBR or Mercedes do. Smile
As far as that swap goes, nah, Alonso did too much good for Ferrari in 2007 to be let go of that easily. Tongue He even said that he intend to retire with the reds!!! :lol:

@flyingfinn07: My hopes are on Valsecchi actually. Massa's past it plus he'll demand a salary not matching the end product he can currently offer. Hülkenberg, even if I don't actually like him either, also deserves the seat ahead of Felipe.
Re: Silly Season 2013

Postby CECCO#33 » Fri 27. Sep 2013, 10:57
If Mercedes will win a title next year after gave a very indecent car to Schumi for 3 years I'll go to some track to do as US fans at the 2005 US GP! :x

Btw Mercedes and Renault are usually slow to make powerful and unbreakable engines (mind the berillium fact) and since next year the engines should be more important then the last 10 years.
I hope Cosworth will make a good engine and serve more teams in the future. And I hope Sauber and Marussia will be more competitive than RBR and McLaren too! Big Grin
[Image: homogp_don_t_touch_all.gif]
[Image: Targhe.gif]
On the contrary, Ferrari usually made decent-to-good engines but their cars have been less than impressive. And regarding your hopes, I see realism isn't your thing - Sauber's line-up is likely to be Sirotkin-Gutierrez and Marussia are, well, going nowhere. Tongue
And also, Cosworth last made a decent F1 engine far before I was even born. You wish to see a winning Maserati team as well? :lol:

I will admit though, after that 2000-2004 season, I quite enjoyed 2005, not because of McLaren's reliability issues costing them the title against Alonso's reliable Renault but because of Ferrari's cluelessness. They were testing far more than any team during the season and yet, they pretty much moved nowhere so they went to work on 2006 car early. :lol:
Cile Wrote:On the contrary, Ferrari usually made decent-to-good engines but their cars have been less than impressive. And regarding your hopes, I see realism isn't your thing - Sauber's line-up is likely to be Sirotkin-Gutierrez and Marussia are, well, going nowhere. Tongue
And also, Cosworth last made a decent F1 engine far before I was even born. You wish to see a winning Maserati team as well? :lol:

I will admit though, after that 2000-2004 season, I quite enjoyed 2005, not because of McLaren's reliability issues costing them the title against Alonso's reliable Renault but because of Ferrari's cluelessness. They were testing far more than any team during the season and yet, they pretty much moved nowhere so they went to work on 2006 car early. :lol:

Cile, u see what u want see always! A part that, I'm not so happy about McLaren's problems this year because I know history is a cycle, each one can be on an altar and in a while be in the dust (almost similar to the "Il 5 Maggio" by A. Manzoni or <bite the dust> as The Queen said Big Grin). I always remember the period between 1991 and 1996 (even if some good races was did in 1994 and '5) at least and I think to that when I consider McLaren and Williams teams fail to win.
In 2005, after the berrillium exclusion and each other regulamentation changes due to the Scuderia Ferrari was always at the top Michelin pressed the FIA to change tire rules and forced Bridgestone to do tires to finish a Gp in 3 months, knowing it should be impossible. The 1st title given as a gift to Alonso and Renault.

Ferrari did the very best engine many times even because the english teams wasn't able or didn't like to do it. About cars, at a certain point McLaren had Prost and Lauda, Prost and Senna, Williams Mansell and Piquet, then Villeneuve should win in 1982 and Alboreto in 1985 if a german supplier didn't stop to do parts because Ferrari won the Ger GP! :x Then should win again a driver championship at least in 1974, 1976, 1990, 1997, 1998, 2006, 2010, 2012, a constructor champ at least in 1958, 1959, 1970, 1974, 1990, 2006, 2010, 2012.

If Saubers will be driven by Sirotkin and Gutierrez I hope Ferrari will not give engines! :x Even if Gutierrez can do better than he did this year, of course. See the last race. And about Marussia.... I should had said I hope. I'm a fan, I hope that will be real, I don't say I think it will happen.
Btw I'm curious to see what Williams can do with Mercedes engines if don't change car again.
About Cosworth, are u born after 1994? Don't u remember that engine? It probably wasn't the best engine but it's the last V8 that won a title before displacement limitations.
[Image: homogp_don_t_touch_all.gif]
[Image: Targhe.gif]