Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silly Season 2013
Staff
Felipe Massa declared yesterday that he will leave Ferrari. I just hope he will not leave Formula 1 too! But I think, that will happen so, except Sauber wants him back. This season seriously makes me sad. McLaren falling back to nowhere, Sauber too, Webber out and Massa drowning at Ferrari... I just hope, Ferrari will not get Raeikkoenen back.
F1, keep Felipe with you!
I'm very sad for Felipe, he lost the title for 1 pt against Hamilton who crashed into barriers and won the Monaco GP the same (and other similar bad things), he was faster than Schumi in qualifying many times, he did some spectacular overtakes (for ex 2008 Can Gp) until the accident. Then the year after that a spanish main sponsor condamned him to:
- stay behind at the 1st gp (Bah) even he was almost 1" faster than the other driver,
- slow down and give the victory of German gp to the other driver,
- slow down a bit and especially make a pit stop 4-5 laps before the time to give the victory of Italian gp to the other driver.
After that I'm not surprised this is the end of him career at certain levels. I hope he will come back to the Sauber team, it can be a good thing even for him, I hope changing ambient can save the last period of his career.

I'm sad for Webber too, the team bring out to him the title in 2010 and then the possibility to try again to win it and to win more than 1 or 2 races per year. After the Malaysian GP the RBR punished him instead of Seb and decided to don't renew his contract.

The team McLaren isn't Ferrari so they have to work a bit more time with that kind of suspension. With other drivers last year the Scuderia Ferrari should won both titles immediately.

For me the only drivers can stop Vettel can be Raikkonen and Perez for now, maybe Hulkenberg and Ricciardo. So I hope in 2014 the Scuderia Ferrari drivers will be Raikkonen and Schumacher! Big Grin

Will Toro Rosso change engines? Confusedhock: I know about Marussia....
[Image: homogp_don_t_touch_all.gif]
[Image: Targhe.gif]
CECCO#33 Wrote:Will Toro Rosso change engines? Confusedhock:

They will. ;D Speaking of STR, I am curious to see how Ricciardo will come to grips with a superior car & teammate. Smile

fisicoF1 Wrote:I just hope, Ferrari will not get Raeikkoenen back.

It has happened already.
I'm also very sad to loose the only team that made a PP and won a race with "our" ( Big Grin ) engines!
Last year I was going to Bologna so I stopped in Faenza a bit and after a trip in the old town centre searched for the ex Minardi factory, I found it in front of the Tavernello wine 'packaging' (this is my english :oops: ) one.
[Image: rcor.jpg]

[Image: 7nai.jpg]
I always thought that Massa was overrated. He had one single season when he was convincing in the whole year, otherwise he was sometimes good, sometimes disastrous. And after his Hungaroring accident there were only 2-3 races when he was good, otherwise he was mediocre or awful. Definitely not a championship material and he is no longer the driver that he was before his accident.
Massa was not the same after his accident in 2009

He used to be a front runner with Ferrari from 2006-2008 or until the early part of 2009. After he returned, his form is not really good, from 2010-2012 he managed a consistent point finishes which helped Ferrari, and a not much podium finishes, and yet Ferrari kept him. I heard somewhere in 2011 he was nearly replaced by Robert Kubica, which never happened.

IMO, i think Massa should go to Lotus, to replace Kimi there
Staff
kmerse Wrote:I always thought that Massa was overrated. He had one single season when he was convincing in the whole year, otherwise he was sometimes good, sometimes disastrous. And after his Hungaroring accident there were only 2-3 races when he was good, otherwise he was mediocre or awful. Definitely not a championship material and he is no longer the driver that he was before his accident.

Well, I guess you were wrong. Check the statistics of Massa vs. Raikkonen in their Ferrari time. 2007 won (just regarding points now) Raikkonen, 2008 Massa and 2009 until the accident too (he had more then twice the points of Raikkonen), so he's definetly not overrated.
That he was not the same anymore after his accident is obvious, but especially Hockenheim 2010 broke his neck. He fought himself back a lot in late 2012, for example check Monza 2012.
fisicoF1 Wrote:
kmerse Wrote:I always thought that Massa was overrated. He had one single season when he was convincing in the whole year, otherwise he was sometimes good, sometimes disastrous. And after his Hungaroring accident there were only 2-3 races when he was good, otherwise he was mediocre or awful. Definitely not a championship material and he is no longer the driver that he was before his accident.

Well, I guess you were wrong. Check the statistics of Massa vs. Raikkonen in their Ferrari time. 2007 won (just regarding points now) Raikkonen, 2008 Massa and 2009 until the accident too (he had more then twice the points of Raikkonen), so he's definetly not overrated.
That he was not the same anymore after his accident is obvious, but especially Hockenheim 2010 broke his neck. He fought himself back a lot in late 2012, for example check Monza 2012.

To say it again this is what I think too. The Scuderia Ferrari has lost at least 1 or 2 Constructors' titles (2010, 2012) due to the 2010 Hockenheim facts! :x
Plus Alonso lost 2 title with 2 competitive cars. :x
I'm just glad nobody here's suggesting "McLaren should sign Massa" as they do on the GPUpdate comment section. Honestly, apart from (possibly) Hülkenberg, nobody better than the current duo is available and that's Massa included.
Also it made me sick to my stomach that the media had to create rumours of "Alonso possibly heading back to McLaren". There are a few drivers I'd absolutely hate to see at McLaren and the Ferrari duo are 2 of them (I was indifferent about Kimi, I don't like him and ideally, he didn't come, but he can drive, you have to give him that).
Instead I'll be happy with a Ferrari - McLaren drivers replacement, Alonso for Perez. :lol:
Take ur drivers, Cile, in a period so important to stop RBR's run to records the car is almost decent for the 5th. :x