Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A1GP 2005 -2006 mod
Well
I found this mod in a old HHD, but i remember me a story on racesimulations that this mod was illegal because the A1GP management was plannig to make their own game.
But since they don't im not sure if this mod is illegal or not.

So is it still illegal or not ?
If so i won't upload it.
I wanna be a rebel no longer wanna hide, i wanna loose control and dance all night !
pro-raver Wrote:Well
I found this mod in a old HHD, but i remember me a story on racesimulations that this mod was illegal because the A1GP management was plannig to make their own game.
But since they don't im not sure if this mod is illegal or not.

So is it still illegal or not ?
If so i won't upload it.

i think it's now legal Smile
as long as the Copyright of the A1GP brand exists and is held by the guys which owned the A1GP Series it will stay illegal. in this case.
So also they are bankrupt and there will never again be a A1GP series it still does ?
Im to lame to figure this out about the right regarding the A1GP, so i wont upload it.

I still think its weird your not allowed to make a add on for a game of some raceseries if they say you cant.
I wanna be a rebel no longer wanna hide, i wanna loose control and dance all night !
pro-raver Wrote:So also they are bankrupt and there will never again be a A1GP series it still does ?
Im to lame to figure this out about the right regarding the A1GP, so i wont upload it.

I still think its weird your not allowed to make a add on for a game of some raceseries if they say you cant.

That's the problem, actually the Licenses will run out on the day they are set to run out. It's the same as in Music or Games, eg. the old Command & Conquer Games - their licences and copyrights ran out after 10 years in February 2010 so EA released three C&C Games in 2010 as free download. And I don't know what's about the A1GP company, they could set a trademark on A1GP until 3000 AD. :evil:

anyways, I guess you can still do something for the community via PMs or so... ;D
There is no legal way to prevent the creation of a MOD for an already existing game from scartch which uses trademarks of any company as long as the mod is free to download. As long as the management is "planning" something it's not enough. It's like Codemasters could remove any Formula 1 mod based on the 2010-11-12-13 seasons because they own the license. Yup, they do own it, but that only means they are the only one who can make profit of it. It's like you couldn't make a photo about the Mona Lisa for your own album or to show it to your friends without getting the written agreement of the Da Vinci Turst first.
A1GP illegal?
.. but f1 mods are legal? :roll:
haunetal1990 Wrote:A1GP illegal?
.. but f1 mods are legal? :roll:

as I've explained:
fisicoF1 Wrote:That's the problem, actually the Licenses will run out on the day they are set to run out. It's the same as in Music or Games, eg. the old Command & Conquer Games - their licences and copyrights ran out after 10 years in February 2010 so EA released three C&C Games in 2010 as free download. And I don't know what's about the A1GP company, they could set a trademark on A1GP until 3000 AD. :evil:
Bureaucracy.....

[Image: jiFfM.jpg]

As usual, modders make their mods, cars and tracks etc. during their free time and also FOR FREE, hence no profit is made (aside from the Aura T5 that UMT released) and I don't see a problem with that.

pro-raver Wrote:So is it still illegal or not ?
If so i won't upload it.

Are there any permission isssues with that? Apart from the license thingy with A1GP itself, of course.
You could also release the mod with another name. Mods with IndyCars in it are forbidden to get released under the name Indy Racing League. Nowadays they do release them as IndyCar mods but the first ever rFactor IndyCar mod which featured the 2007 season was released as "Open Wheel Racing 2007". So you could release this mod in a legal way by just renaming the mod to "Grand Prix of Nations 2005-2006" or something like that. Of course you need permission by the original authors for this of course. If they give you that, it's ready for the release and problem solved. ;D