Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Touring Cars thread
Feel free to talk about touring car series, such as DTM, WTCC, BTCC, V8 Supercars and so forth in there. Smile

Speaking of WTCC, the season is getting more intense right now since our "Blue Boys" are going their seperate ways and we have more possible winners and runner-ups. Smile The comeback of Honda and Lada made it happen as well, despite the "friendly fire" accident of both Ladas in Monza.
3tec Wrote:despite the "friendly fire" accident of both Ladas in Monza.
Perhaps this is the cause I haven't seen a Lada in Marrakech. Big Grin Were there it? :?
For what I've seen, live after so long time, thr Hondas still need some kms to be competitive but they aren't so bad. Unfortunately I don't like it :roll:, I prefer the 1996 version. Big Grin The Leon seem still good.

Last sunday was the 1st round of the Superstars® - International Series in Monza. The cars must be road derivated and mount a V8 between 3000 and 7000 cc with at least 450CV. There are cars like M3, BMW 550, RS5, XF, C63 AMG, CAMARO, CHRYSLER 300, PANAMERA, CTS and until last year also the Quattroporte. Drivers like Andrea Larini (Nicola's brother), Morbidelli, Thomas Biagi, Liuzzi and also Kristian Ghedina, Bertolini (he has win a championhip with the Quattroporte), Herbert, Pierluigi Martini, Salo, Christian Fittipaldi....
At Monza too many times there are 3 Mercedes on the podium: Liuzzi, Biagi, Ferrara and Biagi, Liuzzi, Ferrara in the 2 races.
[Image: homogp_don_t_touch_all.gif]
[Image: Targhe.gif]
There is a (kind of) similar series compared to the Superstars, the Swedish TTA, despite the different cars seen in the series. Most of the drivers are, needless to say, Swedes, like Robert Dahlgren, Fredrik Ekblom, Alx Danielsson, but it includes non-Swedes, say Duncan Huisman and Tommy Rustad as well.
It's strange for me to see Saab and Citroen on the track! Big Grin
Today I've seen Jose Maria Lopez winning his country race in Termas de Rio Hondo for the 1st time who drove a WTCC car! :o And an old "indipendent" 320TC! Confusedhock:
Staff
CECCO#33 Wrote:Today I've seen Jose Maria Lopez winning his country race in Termas de Rio Hondo for the 1st time who drove a WTCC car! :o And an old "indipendent" 320TC! Confusedhock:

Never thought that a BMW will win again, not even with Lopez behind the wheel - looks like he's extremely underrated in Europe nowadays! Damn, now it makes me even angrier that USF1 failed...
fisicoF1 Wrote:
CECCO#33 Wrote:Today I've seen Jose Maria Lopez winning his country race in Termas de Rio Hondo for the 1st time who drove a WTCC car! :o And an old "indipendent" 320TC! Confusedhock:

Never thought that a BMW will win again, not even with Lopez behind the wheel - looks like he's extremely underrated in Europe nowadays! Damn, now it makes me even angrier that USF1 failed...
Even because we could see Danica in F1! Sad Sad
I like 28 teams, 10 fixed + some other with 2 or 1 car, like in the late 80s.

About WTCC I've seen a Stralis aroud the track before the formation lap and I thought which occasion the Fiat Group has lost without any car in the Argentina stage. 2 Giulietta and 2 Bravo or 2 Linea made there fighting for the podium could be a good advertising. Sad
Then it's not F1, a good driver can do good races many time. I lost some years but I'll try to see much races as possible.
Tarquini has won race 2 at Sonoma!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin
And Bennani finish 2nd! Confusedhock: